|The Venture Bros.|
|Air date||August 26, 2018|
Barry J. Kelly (Co-director)
Stanley Von Medvey
The High Cost of Loathing is the fourth episode of the seventh season of The Venture Bros., and the 75th of the series.
The Monarch faces financial challenges as he attempts to rebuild his fiendish organization; Dean tries to establish a normal life outside of his father's shadow at sleep-away college.
he Monarch is fully reinstated as a supervillain by the Guild, but an inspection by Dr. Z results in him being classed at only rank 5 and thus prohibits him from arching Dr. Venture. Seeking to acquire funding to rebuild his organization, he and Gary try and fail to rob a bank. Meanwhile, Dean moves out of VenTech Tower to live at college with his roommate Brown Widow, and Dr. Venture is badly injured while presenting J.J.'s hover belt to the board of Venture Industries, resulting in his hospitalization. Dean, wishing to get out of the life of a super scientist, expresses his desire to leave the classes his father signed him up for, but his professor convinces him to try one class, which ends up being a botany course in which his only classmate is Sirena. Dean's professor also happens to be the Monarch's next assigned arch, and when the Monarch and Gary invade the class, Dean loses his temper and writes the Monarch a multi-million dollar check to leave him alone. Dean begins to bond with Sirena over their shared lives as the children of parents involved in the world of super scientists and supervillains. Hank visits Dr. Venture in the hospital and confesses that he always wanted his father to favor him, but is frustrated that nothing he does seems to get Dr. Venture's attention away from Dean. However, Dr. Venture is heavily medicated and does not understand what Hank tells him. Hank discovers Stars and Garters singing to Dr. Venture's roommate at the hospital, the comatose Dr. Nidaba. With the money from Dean's check, the Monarch wins an award from the Council for highest earning supervillain and gains a promotion to rank 6.
- Producer: Jennifer Ray
- Music by: J.G. Thirlwell
- Producer for Williams Street: Ollie Green
- Executive Producer for Williams Street: Keith Crofford, Mike Lazzo
- Dr. Venture, Brock Sampson, Dean Venture, Hank Venture, Sgt. Hatred, Professor Victor Von Helping, Sirena, The Monarch, Dr. Mrs. The Monarch, Henchman 21, Dr. Z, Pirate Captain
- James Urbaniak as Dr. Venture
- Patrick Warburton as Brock Sampson
- Mike Sinterniklaas as Dean Venture
- Chris McCulloch as Hank Venture, The Monarch, Dr. Z, Sgt. Hatred, Pirate Captain
- Doc Hammer as Dr. Mrs. The Monarch and 21
- Gary Cole as Professor Von Helping
- Mark Gagliardi as Tosh Tompkins/Stars and Garters and Loan Officer
- Cristin Milioti as Sirena and Nurse
- Nathan Fillon as Brown Widow
- Katie Flahive as German Woman
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Arrears in Science||The Inamorata Consequence|