Mr. T was an animated series that aired on NBC from 1983 to 1986, with a total of 30 episodes produced. Created by Ruby-Spears, the cartoon starred Mr. T as a coach to a gymnastics team (with a specific emphasis on members Jeff, Woody, Robin, and Kim), travelling the world while becoming involved in and solving various mysteries.
The show aired on Adult Swim first as a 2006 April Fool's joke, but then returned in May to replace Chuck Norris: Karate Kommandos as filler material for the newly created 5 a.m. timeslot. The show only aired for a few months, and hasn't been shown since. However, Adult Swim still owns broadcasting rights to the entire series.
At the beginning of each episode, a live-action introduction featuring Mr. T himself is shown to explain what is going on. At the end of each episode, Mr. T narrates a moral lesson for the audience. Voice actors for the series included Amy Linker of Square Pegs fame, future MADtv actor Phil LaMarr, longtime character actor Keye Luke, and Tim Rooney, son of Mickey Rooney. Veteran voice actors Catherine Cavadini, Henry Corden, Jean Vander Pyl and Janet Waldo rounded out the show's cast.
- Mr. T, voiced by himself
- Ms. Priscilla Bisby (Takayo Fischer), the team's well-mannered driver who loves mystery novels
- Jeff Harris (Shawn Lieber), the wise guy of the team with a big ego
- Woody Daniels (Phil LaMarr), an African-American gymnast and Jeff's friendly rival
- Robin O'Neill (Amy Linker), a beautiful, blue-eyed redhead with freckles that's eager to jump into any situation
- Kim Nakamura (Siu Ming Carson), a Japanese girl who's a daughter to a scientist. She has a photographic memory that comes in handy as she can remember various magazine articles and book passages, including the issue or volume, and the page she read it on.
- Spike O'Neill (Teddy Field III), Robin's little brother who hero worships Mr. T
- Skye Redfern, a Native American gymnast, whose grandfather was accused of a crime
- Garcia Lopez, a Latin-American gymnast whose big brother Miguel is an archaeologist
- Vince D'Amato, an Italian-American who has dreams of being a movie star
- Courtney Howard, an African-American girl gymnast whose father is a major in the military
- Grant Kline, an ex-gang member who turned his life around, thanks to Jeff
- Bulldozer (Dozer for short), Mr. T's bulldog with a similar mohawk