The Simpsons is an American animated sitcom created by Matt Groening (also the creator of Futurama) for the Fox Broadcasting Company. It is the longest running sitcom in television history. The Simpsons went into syndication in 1993, before Adult Swim was created. Therefore, Adult Swim could not acquire rights to the show at the time Fox was selling its shows for syndication.
Appearances on Adult Swim
- The Simpsons' first appearance on Adult Swim was a Bart Simpson doll on an episode of Futurama, who instructed Bender to "Eat my shorts", a reference to Bart's classic catchphrase.
- Bobby Hill has a Bart Simpson doll on his shelf in his room.
- Bart Simpson made a cameo in American Dad! when Steve was making fake ID's with one of the names being "Mike Rotch."
- The Simpsons would later appear in the flesh in the Family Guy episode "The Simpsons Guy", a crossover in which Peter and his family end up in Springfield.
- Rick and Morty appeared in the Couch Gag of The Simpsons Season 26 episode "Mathlete's feat".